About DKM Aviation Partners
Doug Maclean is Managing Director of DKM Aviation Partners. He has over 39 years in Air Traffic Control operational and senior management experience working for The Department of Transport, The Civil Aviation Authority and NATS Ltd.
DKM Aviation Partners can assess operational or management problems and offer
• Application of previously successful improvement solutions
• Innovative bespoke improvement solutions
• Coaching and involvement of your staff to bring long term benefits
• Strong media communication and presentation skills
• Safety and service assurance checking
Doug was a member of the core senior management team which successfully delivered the merger of the Scottish, Shanwick Oceanic and Manchester Control Centres into the new Prestwick Centre in January 2010. The transition to the £171 million Centre took place with no safety or service impact on its many international customers.
Professional qualifications and experience.
• Worked at London Stansted, Liverpool, Glasgow Prestwick, Glasgow International, Benbecula and Aberdeen airports. He spent nearly 20 years in 2 UK Area Control Centres.
• At all of the above ATC units Doug held a full range of Civil Aviation Authority Aerodrome, Approach radar and Area control licences and endorsements as an ATC Instructor and Examiner.
• For 25 years Doug was a Trade Union representative and high profile Public Relations Officer dealing with many radio and TV interviews and explanations. As member of the Executive Board of the Prospect Trade Union he was involved in pay and many other negotiations. As a senior manager he led many negotiations with Trade Unions.
• Doug was a civil ATC expert advisor to the UK Airprox Board for 10 years. He received a unique commendation for his services from the Chairman of the CAA and The Chief of the Air Staff.
• DKM Aviation Partners have access to a diverse and highly qualified group of experienced senior aviation managers. They can form the right team for your needs in large or small contracts